NEW DELHI – Walking through the streets of New Delhi, it is hard to resist a city with such a unique combination of old charm and modern features. Whether you’re looking for cultural, social or religious diversity, you’re sure to find it in Delhi. On December 12, 2011, New Delhi celebrated 100 years as India’s “spanking new capital.” On that same day in 1931, King George V announced the shifting of the Capital of India from Calcutta to Delhi. So, what makes New Delhi so special? For one, there are many religions represented, including Hinduism, Islam, Sikhism, Buddhism, Jainism, the Baha’i faith and Christianity. In one day, our group visited Askhardham, Jama Masjid and the Lotus Temple– all sites with magnificent structural appeal and a good story to tell.
- Iranian #media turns against Ahmadinejad pre-election: pulse.me/s/l8nWe #publicdiplomacy 2 weeks ago
- RT @VitalVoices: .@AlyseNelson: women aren't just an extraordinary economic force, they're an extraordinary #leadership force. http://t.co/… 3 weeks ago
- Kathy Calvin gives a shout out to @VitalVoices during #npclunch, notes tremendous progress of the org on the issue of #humantrafficking 2 months ago
- "If we want to drive progress around the world, we need to put girls in the drivers seat." -Kathy Calvin, @unfoundation #npclunch #ANNpower 2 months ago
- @CoriSueMorris: "Girl power is global development's best secret weapon." - @unfoundation's Kathy Calvin. #GirlRevolution #npclunch 2 months ago
Tagsabhishek singh akshardam AR Rahman Australia Bollywood diplomacy celebrity diplomacy centre for equity studies citizen diplomacy conflict resolution e-governance education Fulbright Harsh Mander higher education incredible india india indian diaspora Indian world service India public diplomacy indo-arab relations Indo-China relations international broadcasting Ministry of External Affairs mobiles Morocco navdeep suri Nick Cull Nirupama Rao Norway pakistan Patricia Harrison patrick french perceptions of india public diplomacy Qualcomm rural exodus Sashwati Banerjee Sesame Workshop Shari Rosenfeld Shashi Tharoor urban innovation urbanization USAID US Department of State WISCOMP